The SAG AK MK2.1 Freefloat Chassis is the complete upgrade solution for the AK platform which allows user to:
- Mount optic sights and red-dots on the rifle as well as any pointing (PEQ Flashlight Rangefinder) device without need to remove them during rifle disassembly for cleaning
- Freefloat the barrel
- Bring up accuracy of the system and eliminate POI shift while shooting from the rest or bipod
- Run longer shot strings – since the fore end doesn’t touch the barrel, the handguard remains cool even through 120 shots string
- Use any Bushmaster ACR compatible handguard with AK rifle (polymer handguards may require to file down rear end face to fit)
Chassis doesn’t block the irons and do have a space for AK RSB when installed.
Fits any AK47 \ SAIGA \AK74 type of riles with standard AK47 \ AK74 \ AK105 gas system length.
The SAG AK MK2.1 Chassis kit consists of:
- Precision CNC machined from a solid billet of high strength aircraft grade aluminum upper which comes in 2 versions (select at the checkout):
- 1913-MIL-STD rail from gasblock to the rear end of ejection port with break for rear iron sight post. Top rail also comes with built-in ACOG interface.
- M-LOK top part at the handguard area and 1913-MIL-STD Rail over the top cover
The upper stays in place during assembly \ disassembly of the rifle for maintenance and cleaning. Upper serves as a mounting block for foreend and gas tube and freefloats the barrel.
- Lightweight gas tube precision made from steel. Mounts on the gasblock and into the upper
- Precision CNC machined base for the upper.
- Presidion CNC machined steel insert into the Rear sight base which together with upper base forms solid clamp-on around the barrel chamber area which ensures chassis stays in place no matter how you beat the rifle.
- CNC machined freefloat Bushmaster ACR compatible foreend with M-LOK interface.
The SAG AK MK2.1 Chassis can be installed by user in 10 minutes time.
Installation does not require any special tools.
Once the carbine is shot-out user can re-install the chassis to the next carbine in inventory.