The SAG AK MK3 Freefloat Chassis is the complete upgrade solution for the AK platform which allows user to:
- Mount optic sights and red-dots on the rifle as well as any pointing (PEQ Flashlight Rangefinder) device without need to remove them during rifle disassembly for cleaning
- Freefloat the barrel
- Bring up accuracy of the system and eliminate POI shift while shooting from the rest or bipod
- Run longer shot strings – since the fore end doesn’t touch the barrel, the handguard remains cool even through 120 shots string
- Use any Bushmaster ACR compatible handguard with AK rifle (for MK3 USA Version)
Chassis doesn’t block the irons and do have a space for AK RSB when installed. Full 1913-MIL-STD Top version do have a backup peep rear sight in the supplement.
Fits any AK47 SAIGA AK74 type of riles with standard AK47 AK74 AK105 gas system length.
The SAG AK MK3 Chassis kit consists of:
- Precision CNC machined from a solid billet of high strength aircraft grade aluminum upper which comes in 3 versions (select at the checkout):
- 1913-MIL-STD rail from gasblock to the rear end of the top cover without break for rear iron sight post, Slim AK105 handguard length.
- 1913-MIL-STD rail from gasblock to the rear end of the top cover with break for rear iron sight post, Slim AK105 handguard length.
- 1913-MIL-STD rail from gasblock to the rear end of the top cover with break for rear iron sight post. Slim AK74 handguard length
- 1913-MIL-STD rail from gasblock to the rear end of the top cover with break for rear iron sight post, AK105 handguard length. Bushmaser ACR Compatible handguard (MK3 US Version)
The upper stays in place during assembly disassembly of the rifle for maintenance and cleaning. Upper serves as a mounting block for foreend and gas tube and freefloats the barrel. Rear portion of the topcover is removable for cleaning of the rifle and provides 1913-MIL-STD base fot non-zeroed optics (Magnifiers, NV and so on)
- Lightweight gas tube precision made from steel. Mounts on the gasblock and into the upper
- Precision CNC machined steel insert into the Rear sight base which together with upper base forms solid clamp-on around the barrel chamber area which ensures chassis stays in place no matter how you beat the rifle.
- Precision CNC machined base for the upper + CNC machined freefloat Bushmaster ACR compatible foreend with M-LOK interface – MK3 US Version
- Precision CNC machined lower handguard which serves as base for the upper.
The SAG AK MK3 Chassis can be installed by user in 10 minutes time.
Installation does not require any special tools. But for some versions may require to cut off the standard front hanguard bracket and (for version without hole fot RSB) – RSB tower.
Once the carbine is shot-out user can re-install the chassis to the next carbine in inventory.